The Message Prayerful Reading BibleEugene H Peterson
:Slow Down and Connect with God
The Bible in contemporary language is placed here alongside the ancient Christian practice of lectio divina, or sacred reading. You'll enter the text of Scripture more fully than ever before and come out of each prayerful reading with a fresh encounter with our loving God, ready to live in the way of Jesus. The Message Prayerful Reading Bible is a perfect resource for your devotional quiet time.
This beautiful reading Bible introduces readers to the timeless practice of lectio divina and provides guided reflection. There is ample space for journaling your observations, reflections, and prayers. Here are the steps of lectio divina to help you slow down and meet with God: * Stop: Take a moment to stop and prepare to encounter God.
- Read: Do a first reading and make observations of the text.
- Ponder: Read the text again and meditate on its meaning.
- Pray: Begin a conversation with God about this Scripture.
- Reflect: Take note of what this time with God has brought to the surface for you.
- Live: Consider how this time with God translates into your life with God.